The Best Meatball Recipe Ever!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
The best meatballs that are juicy and tender. Baked in the oven til perfection! Made with ground beef, Italian sausage, eggs, Parmesan cheese breadcrumbs and spices! These meatballs pair perfectly with spaghetti or meatball subs!
I love when I come across a recipe that my whole family loves! It’s like a miracle in itself. A miracle that that keeps on giving! It’s not often I find recipes that are a MUST make again, but when I do, man, do I make them over and over again!
I was craving meatball subs one day so I hopped on Pinterest (what did we do before the days of Pinterest?? … am I right??) and I found several different meatball recipes. One recipe stood out in particular because you baked them in the oven, rather than cook them on the stove top. My new oven, which has been the highlight of my Instagram lately, has definitely been getting a lot of use because of these meatballs! Check out our kitchen renovation progress update!
I worked on gathering all of the ingredients, tweaking along the way, and ya’ll….the best ever meatballs were born!! I can literally say that they are melt in your mouth delicious (and I’m not a huge meat fan!)
Do Not Over Mix!
It’s important to not over mix your meatball recipe! I know it sounds gross, but meatballs form best when you mix by hand. Simply squishing all of the ingredients together and then forming the balls, is the best method.
Meatballs don’t spread like cookies, so you can place them much closer together on your sheet pan. I like to line my pan with tin foil and spray it with cooking spray before placing the meatballs on it. You can set your timer for half way through the cook time and rotate the meatballs to ensure all sides becomes nice and toasty. This is however, optional. The meatballs will cook throughly without rotating.
These meatballs can be stored in a freezer, in an air-tight container. Be sure to allow them to completely cool before storing in freezer.
When you’re ready to use them, keep them in the refrigerator to defrost. You can warm them back up in the oven at 350 degrees F, or by heating them in the microwave.
My absolute favorite spaghetti sauce is homemade and super easy! Here’s my 8 ingredient spaghetti sauce recipe.
The Best Meatball Recipe!
- 1 large bowl https://amzn.to/3oy47pg
- 1 wooden spoon https://amzn.to/3LgAWRe
- 1 baking sheet https://amzn.to/3B3JpCq
- 1 tin foil https://amzn.to/3Lk0aht
- 1 1" cookie scoop https://amzn.to/3gwCvw6
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with tin foil.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Do not over mix. It works best to use your hands and squish the meatball mixture together.
- Using a cookie scoop or 2 spoons, scoop out meat into balls and place on tin foil
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, checking to make sure they are done.
- Serve with spaghetti sauce
Somehow I did not take any photos of the meatball subs! ?♀️However, I want to share how to make them, because they were delicious! I sliced hoagie style buns in half and layered on several meatballs, spaghetti sauce and provolone cheese. I baked in the oven at 350 degrees F until cheese was melted.
More Delicious Recipes!
- One Pot Dishes – Quick & Easy Dinner Recipes
- Pasta with Homemade Pesto Cream Sauce
- Homemade Potato Soup
- Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- Ravioli with Asparagus & Tomatoes
- Lasagna Soup
- One Pot Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Mexican Carnitas
- Keto Friendly Chicken Skewers with Creamy Turmeric Dip
- Easy Kale Salad
- Greek Spinach Pie