This ramen noodle stir fry is an easy dinner dish that highlights vegetables, Asian sauces and noodles.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
I’m not sure if anyone is having a hard time getting groceries, but I certainly am. Granted, I’m strictly only doing Walmart grocery curbside pick up, but most items at the three nearest Walmarts to me, are always out of regular type groceries. One of them being pasta, of every sort.
I feel like we are living a real life version of Little House On The Prairie (which P.S. when we bought our 1886 home, we started watching the series on Netflix and now at over a year later, we have almost watched them all!) There have been multiple times viruses and illnesses have swept through Walnut Grove and taken out most of the town, while always sparing the Ingalls family. However, Ma, always seemed to have her act together. They always had food, they always had love, and they always shared the love of Jesus.
So while we are all quarantined together as a family, something I’m actually enjoying, I’m finding I have to get very creative when it comes to meals, with limited groceries.
While going through our pantry, looking for something to make for dinner, I came across a package of Ramen Noodles in the way back. Since we had no pasta noodles, I figured I’d search Pinterest for recipes with Ramen Noodles! I found a recipe for stir fry, but lacked many of the ingredients, so I changed up the recipe a bit.
I will be fully honest, I did not measure these ingredients as I was making this dish, so you may find that you want to add a little more of something or less of something you don’t like as much.
Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- 3 pkg Ramen Noodles any flavor, flavor packets are discarded
- 1 head broccoli diced small
- 1 carrot sliced thin
- 1 pkg snap peas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c oyster sauce
- 1/4 c teriyaki sauce
- 1/8 c soy sauce
- 1/8 c sesame oil plus more for sautéing vegetables
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 1 c reserved water from cooking noodles
- Mix sauces and corn starch in a bowl, stir and set aside.
- Boil a pot of water
- Add ramen noodles and cook for 3 minutes (do not use the seasoning packet from the Ramen Noodle pack)
- Reserve 1 cup of starchy pasta water and set aside
- Drain noodles and set aside
- Sauté vegetables in a large skillet with sesame oil – about 5 minutes
- Spoon in sauce and noodles, toss with veggies
- Slowly add in the starchy water. I only add a few tablespoons. This just helps cut down too strong of a flavor of the sauces and helps everything mix and coat well!
My family loved this dish so much! So much that before I could even finish my serving, I had to start making a second round of dinner for everyone!
Hope you’re all staying healthy and safe!