This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
These mouthwatering Slow Cooker Mexican Carnitas are absolutely amazing and rival any restaurant carnitas.
My husband and son absolutely love carnitas and orders them typically when we go out to Mexican – which is a weekly event for us. So when I came across a slow cooker Mexican style meet in allrecipes.com magazine I knew I had to make them stat!
I love slow cooker recipes because they allow me to feel more prepared for dinner. It’s inevitable, I get home from picking my kids up from school, get busy unloading bookbags, lunch boxes, signing planners and more and then before you know it, it’s dinner and I try to rush to get something tasty put together.
So these Slow Cooker Mexican Carnitas solve all of those problems and allow my family to have a delicious dinner in a short amount of prep time!
What You’ll Need:
Affiliate links included, please see my disclosure here.
Slow Cooker Mexican Carnitas Recipe
- 1 – 4lb boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions (about 2 onions)
- 1 1/4 cups diced poblano peppers
- 1 – 5oz bottle of hot sauce (I used Texas Pete’s)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- -Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, brown roast on both sides
- -Transfer roast to slow cooker
- -Top with remaining ingredients
- -Cook on high for 6 hours, keeping eye on how fast the meat is cooking. It should easily pull apart/shred
- Serve on corn tortillas with quest fresco cheese, sliced radishes, onions, cilantro, tomatoes, and fresh lime juice
I also love to make these crock-pot beef sandwiches – another killer recipe!