This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
The most delicious and hearty black bean soup! Easy to make in less than 1 hour!
My kiddos were watching our all-time favorite show, Little House On The Prairie. The Ingalls had black bean soup for dinner in the episode they were watching, and with it being Cinco de Mayo, my daughter decided that was what we should also have for dinner! We changed our plans from picking one of our 25 Cinco de Mayo recipes!
She and I got busy looking for recipes and finally settled on one that we had the most ingredients for. We modified the original recipe and created our own, and boy was it delicious! It was hearty and super easy to make. I love soups and meals that can be put together quickly!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
This recipe requires chopping of some vegetables, which is made easier and quicker if you have a food processor. Then the rest is literally opening cans and dumping and pouring!
Once the soup was cooked, I wanted it to be more creamy, rather than “brothy” and chunky with beans and corn. I took my stick blender and gave the soup a few pulses to make the perfect blend of creamy and chunky.
Black Bean Soup
- Bring water to a boil in large stock pot or dutch oven
- Add onions and garlic, cook until transparent
- Add peppers, carrots, beans and corn, cook for 1 minute
- Add chicken stock and seasonings
- Bring to a light boil and cook for 30 minutes
- Using a stick blender, pulse the soup to make it creamy – I only pulsed a few times, making it a perfect blend of creamy and chunky soup
- Serve with grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and cilantro