Lemon Poppy Seed Bread with Sugar Glaze
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
A quick and easy sweet tasting lemon poppy seed bread topped with a sugar glaze that will satisfy any sweet tooth!
Hi Friends!! I’ve missed you all so much! Between the stresses of the whole Covid-19 situation and our house rebuilding, I have found myself in a slump. I’m sure many of you can relate. But now that the weather is changing and the kids are finally done with school (Wisconsin goes super late compared to the other states we have lived in) I am finally feeling a little more “free” (minus the house stuff, it’s beyond agonizing. Our temporary living just had to be extended by 2 months…I’ll have to catch you all up to speed on that because I’ve been getting lots of messages).
Anyway, I wanted to share with you all a new recipe I tried out from Garnish With Lemon, and absolutely loved! Lemon poppy seed bread with an added sugar glaze!
When I was growing up, our next door neighbor made a lemon poppy seed bread for my family one time and it was the very first time I had ever had poppy seeds! I immediately fell in love! It was the best sweet bread I had ever had!
Fast forward to way too many years later, I finally looked up a recipe for a lemon poppy seed bread and made it for my family! It was almost as delicious as the one my neighbor made…something about someone else making food for you has a magic goodness to it! (something you don’t appreciate until you are stuck at home with your family for 3 months eating all meals in house! lol)
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 freshly grated zest of lemons
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c greek yogurt
- 3 tbs poppy seeds
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbs milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbs fresh lemon juice (for glaze)
- 1/2 c powdered sugar (for glaze)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pan with paper cups
- mix together flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Set aside
- mix together lemon zest, yogurt, sugar, eggs, poppy seeds, oil, lemon juice, milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- gently fold flour mixture into yogurt mixture until combined
- pour batter into cupcake pan and bake for 13-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- in a small bowl, mix together lemon juice and powdered sugar for glaze
- pour glaze over slightly warm bread
- slice and enjoy!
More Great Bread Recipes!
Lipton Soup Spinach Dip with Hawaiian Bread
Almond Flour Bread – Low Carb & Gluten Free
The lemon bread sounds awesome but in directions it calls for yogurt but it is not on the ingrediant list. How much yogurt do you use?
Other then that all else is great
Oh my goodness!! A total typo on my part! Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention! It’s 3/4c greek yogurt!! Hope that helps!
I can’ wait to try this recipe, Stephanie. It looks so good! Thanks for sharing at Celebrate Your Story! Link Party. You’ve been featured this week 🙂