Homemade taco seasoning mix packet – the spices you need when you don’t have a store bought taco seasoning mix packet! Chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, oregano, dried onions, salt, pepper and red chili flakes make the best taco seasoning mix!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
My family absolutely loves tacos. So much that they usually request having them at least once a week. I often find myself having all of the ingredients for tacos minus the taco seasoning packet.
Rather than not be able to make them their so desired tacos, I make my own homemade taco seasoning packet! … and so can you!
You can mix these seasonings together and use right away with 1 pound of browned ground beef or store in an air-tighter container and use later.
Homemade Taco Seasoning Packet
- 1 tsp chili powder add more if you like more spice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried onions
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red chili pepper flakes optional, if you like more spice
- 1/2 c beef stock
- Mix spices together and use immediately or store in an air-tight container to use later
- Brown beef in a large skillet
- Once browned, add spices and beef stock
- Cook on low heat until beef stock has cooked out
- Serve with your favorite taco shells and toppings
How To Store Taco Seasoning Mix
Store dried seasoning mix in an airtight container like this one and store in your pantry.