This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Flat, crispy corn tortillas loaded up with your favorite toppings like refried beans, seasoned ground beef, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and shredded cheese. They’re perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love
Check out my 25 Cinco de Mayo Quick and Easy Recipes!
My family is obsessed with Mexican food. If it were up to them, we’d have that and noodles every other night of the week. As much as I love tacos, I can only have them so often.
I try to make other “Mexican-themed” dishes so I can satisfy my family, but not totally bore my own tastebuds (I’m such a selfish mother, haha). Try out my Crispy Potato Soft Tacos or Mexican Pizza recipes. I’m sure you’ll love them!
These Mexican tostadas are delicious – and taste soooo good on fried corn tortillas! That’s probably my favorite part 🙂 Give these a try tonight, as I’m sure you have most of these ingredients in your refrigerator already!
Check out these 25 Ground Beef Dinner Ideas!
- ground beef – for taco related dishes, I like to use 85% fat for the best flavor
- corn tortillas – if corn tortillas aren’t your jam, feel free to use flour tortillas
- taco seasoning – I like to use my homemade taco seasoning packet recipe
- refried beans – canned refried beans are fine, I like to use the canned beans that are fat free
- lettuce – when I make tacos, I always buy the packages of shredded iceberg lettuce, to cut down on my prep time!
- tomatoes – fresh Roma tomatoes diced
- cheese – use your favorite type of cheese. I like Monterey Jack cheese and the fiesta blend cheese
- extra virgin olive oil – used to cook the tortilla in the skillet
Let’s Make Mexican Tostadas Together!
Step 1: Cook beef
In a skillet, brown ground beef and then season with your favorite taco seasoning. I like to use my homemade taco seasoning packet recipe
Step 2: Heat refried beans
In a small sauce pan, heat canned refried beans and set aside
Step 3: Fry corn tortilla
In a skillet, heat oil and then add corn tortilla. Lightly fry on each side
Step 4: Layer tortillas
Plate the fried tortilla and load up with your favorite toppings; ground beef, refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese
Give this recipe a try and tell me what you think of it!
Mexican Tostadas Recipe
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and then season with your favorite taco seasoning. I like to use my homemade taco seasoning packet recipe
- In a small sauce pan, heat canned refried beans and set aside
- In a skillet, heat oil and then add corn tortilla. Lightly fry on each side
- Plate the fried tortilla and load up with your favorite toppings; ground beef, refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese