This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
These Swedish Meatballs are super easy to make and are great for those weeknights when you are looking for something that the whole family will love!
Easy Recipes: Swedish Meatballs
When we lived in Georgia my husband worked with an older man who I just adored. Being a Recreational Therapist who specialized in Long-Term Care I just couldn’t help but think this guy was so cute! He and his wife had a love of eating out, trying new food and sharing their recipes. My absolute favorite one that they have to us was for Swedish Meatballs. There was nowhere within 179237 miles of where we lived to get these at a restaurant so I had to master them myself at home in our kitchen! I can literally devour these, like literally!!! They are simply amazing! You must make them!!
Here’s the recipe, enjoy!!
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup light cream
- mashed potatoes
- lingonberry sauce
- *Make mashed potatoes and set aside, keep warm.
- Soak bread crumbs in milk
- Add onion, meat, egg and seasonings and mix thoroughly
- Form into 1/2″ balls
- Sure in butter until lightly browned on all sides
- Remove meatballs from skillet
- Add flour to fat in pan and blend
- Add water bouillon cube, 1/2 cup light cream
- Cook and stir over heat until sauce is smooth and thickened – about 2 minutes
- add meatballs, cover and simmer about 15 minutes
- Serve over mashed potatoes
Like this recipe? Sign up for my Weekly Meal Plan series!