This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Have fun this St. Patrick’s Day with these fun and creative rainbow cupcakes using candy and frosting!
I’d love for you to PIN this recipe!
Get into the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day with some of my favorite holiday treats and decor!
During one of my many trips to the grocery store, I happened upon these cute little rainbow belts and knew I had to make St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes!! I also bought a package of Rolo …but they were a fail because they weren’t individually wrapped! Opps!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
- White Cake Mix
- Green Food Dye
- Buttercream frosting (I homemade mine, but you can use store bought) **here is my recipe for Gluten Free Cupcakes & Dairy Free Frosting
- Zweet Sour Belts candy
- Gold coins or gold wrapped chocolate candy
Lets Make Them Together!
- Step 1: Mix cake mix according to directions. Stir in green food dye. Bake
- Step 2: Let cupcakes cool and make frosting and stir in green food dye.
- Step 3: Pipe frosting onto cupcakes
- Step 4: Cut Zweet Sour Belts in half and stick into frosting creating an arch
- Step 5: Pipe white clouds on one side of the rainbow arch
- Step 6: Place a gold coin on the other side of the rainbow arch
St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Cupcakes
- 1 box White Cake Mix box bake following box directions
- 1 can Buttercream frosting
- 1 package Zweet Sour Belts
- 1 Green Food Dye
- 1 package Gold Coins or Gold Wrapped Chocolate Candies
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions – adding green food dye before baking
- Mix green food dye in frosting
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes
- Cut Zweet Sour Belts in half and place in frosting creating an arch on each cupcake
- Pipe three white clouds onto one side of the rainbow
- Place a gold coin on the other side of the rainbow
More Great Dessert Recipes
- Gluten Free Cupcakes & Dairy Free Frosting
- Cupcake Sundaes
- Lavender Cupcakes & Lavender Cream Cheese Frosting
- Banana Split Sticks
- Leftover Halloween Candy Pie
- 3 Ingredient No-Fail Royal Icing – with over 17,000 views!
- Everything You Need To Know About Royal Icing