This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
These gluten free cupcakes with dairy free frosting are absolutely delicious and won’t disappoint. Garnish with sprinkles and enjoy your delicious sweet treats!
I was asked to do a cooking segment on WBTV for Mother’s Day , so I made these gluten free cupcakes to go along with my Cupcake Sundaes! (Snag all of my TV recipes here!) I wanted to showcase a healthier version of cupcakes so I adapted the recipe I found from Gluten Free Palate to not only make them gluten free but I added in protein powder to make them even more nutrient packed. They truly are super delicious and moist.
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
Lets Make Them Together!
Gluten Free Cupcakes:
I used almond flour and coconut flour that I purchased at Walmart. I used this protein powder mix to make the cupcakes even healthier and used almond milk, vanilla unsweetened.
Bake and let cool
The cupcakes were so moist and delicious but not fluffy on top! This helps when frosting them!
Dairy Free Frosting:
I bought the dairy and soy free butter at Walmart.
Cream together dairy free butter and vanilla
Add in powdered sugar a 1/2 cup at a time
Slowly add in almond milk
The frosting will thicken up and should look like this, once it does, you’re good to start decorating!
The frosting tastes so delicious and should definitely be licked off of the mixing paddle!
Decorate and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose gluten-free flour blend (I used 3/4c almond flour, 1/4c coconut flour, 1/4c instant soy protein mix)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk (I used almond milk)
- For the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Position rack in center of oven. Line cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine oil and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for one minute. Add flour, salt, baking powder, dairy-free milk, and vanilla paste; beat at medium speed for one minute.
- Spoon batter evenly into cupcake liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the centers springs back when touched and cupcakes are very lightly browned.
- Let cool in the pan on rack for five minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan onto rack and cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting: In a medium mixing bowl, beat together dairy-free butter and vanilla paste until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating well. Alternate one cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of dairy-free milk until all ingredients are blended.
- Beat in additional dairy-free milk if needed to obtain desired constancy.
- Frost and enjoy!