Loaded with carrots, raisins, apples, pecans and flax seed, these morning glory muffins are the perfect, healthy to-go breakfast!
I was really craving muffins for breakfast yesterday, particularly ones with carrots and raisins in them…a bit of a different twist on my go-to muffins and breads that I usually make! While I didn’t have a recipe for these type of muffins in my wide ranging muffin arsenal, I knew who would…Pinterest!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
I hopped over there quickly and searched for Sunrise Muffins, because that’s what I’ve always called them. Immediately a bunch of various recipes came up, so I did what you’re not supposed to do to a book…I judged the muffins by their photos. I picked one that looked dense and full of lots of ingredients!
The recipe I ultimately decided upon was from Sally’s Baking Addiction, for Morning Glory Muffins. I’ve baked many of her recipes in the past, so I knew this one wouldn’t disappoint.
The muffins were easy to make, even though they have a lot of ingredients. Just think that the more you add, the more food groups you are knocking off in one meal!
Let’s Make Them Together!
What I Loved
The thing I loved most about these Morning Glory Muffins, is that they were not too sweet. I don’t like when you are trying to eat something more on the healthy side but it’s loaded with sugar. These muffins are a definite make again!
I am storing mine in my refrigerator because it’s a bit humid right now. You can always freeze these muffins…just be sure to pull out of the freezer the night before!
Morning Glory Muffins
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 c flax seeds
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/3 c melted coconut oil
- 1/3 c unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/3 c orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c shredded/grated carrots
- 1 c diced apple
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Spoon into greased muffin tins
- Bake for 23-24 minutes (original recipe says to bake at 425 for 5 minutes then lower temp to 350 for 18 minutes…I did not do this)
These Morning Glory aka carrot muffins would be great for Easter brunch! Start off the morning with these muffins, followed a holiday ham, and finished off with cute carrot sugar cookies! … and while you’re at it, why not add a little carrot decor!
More Delicious Muffins!
- 26 Bread & Muffins Recipes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Greek Yogurt | Moist & Delicious
- Cranberry Orange Walnut Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Chocolate Chips & Chocolate Drizzle
- Homemade Blackberry Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Strawberry Blueberry Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins