Baked Oatmeal with Strawberries, Banana and Chocolate (breakfast or dessert)
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
This baked oatmeal can be made with strawberries, banana and chocolate chips and be served for either breakfast or dessert!
|Baked Oatmeal with Strawberries, Banana and Chocolate (breakfast or dessert)||
Recipe Type: Breakfast or Dessert
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Recipe originally from http://www.inspiredtaste.net/
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, chopped
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk (I substituted with soy milk)
- 1 large egg (I substituted with 1/4c unsweetened applesauce)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (I substituted with Earth Balance)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, peeled, 1/2-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 375°F and generously spray the inside of a 10-1/2 by 7 inch baking dish with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, cinnamon, salt, half the walnuts, half the strawberries and half the chocolate. (Save the other half of strawberries, walnuts and chocolate for the top of the oatmeal).
- In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg (or applesauce), butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat mixture to prepared baking dish. Arrange the remaining strawberries, walnuts and chocolate on top. Add the banana slices to the top then pour the milk mixture over everything. Gently shimmy/shake the baking dish to help the milk mixture go throughout the oats.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown and the milk mixture has set.
- Optional: (I did not do this) For an extra tasty top, sprinkle a tablespoon or so of extra brown sugar on top then place back in the oven under the broiler and broil for 20-30 seconds. Serve warm with an extra sprinkle of sugar or drizzle of maple syrup.
More Delicious Bread Recipes!
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Greek Yogurt
Cranberry Orange Walnut Muffins
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe
Hi I just reading the baked oatmeal strawberry banana chocolate chip yummy but if I’m mistaken I thought it was a vegan recipe. I did notice it calls for eggs. Which I’m allergic to, I thought vegan recipes didn’t have anything like dairy or gluten in them? As I said I could be mistaken if I misread this recipe for vegan.
you can also use bananas or apple sauce as an egg substitute.
1 egg = 1 banana or 1/4c apple sauce (unsweetened).
hope that helps!