I love homemade muffins! I make them often because they are super easy, super fast and a great way to cram them with fruit!
The other morning my little guy and I used my all-time favorite blueberry muffin recipe but rather than using blueberries, we used blackberries…they were DELICIOUS! My kids love them and give them their seal of “kid approval!”
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Let me show you how we made them!
Here’s the recipe. Enjoy!!
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- To make the muffins, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1-cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with the flour mixture. Fold in blackberries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. (my oven takes about 17 minutes)