I’ve shared with you guys in the past that I really love Pam’s blog For The Love Of Cooking. I am yet to find a muffin or cookie recipe of hers that I don’t like. Again, today I have fallen in love with another one of her muffins, Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. They were basically like brownies for breakfast…I think in the future I will actually just make this as more of a dessert. My kids loved them. They ate them like they were going out of style – therefore they were definitely like brownies! 🙂
I didn’t take pictures of every step but you will get the idea I’m sure!
Grate the zucchini on the small holes of a cheese grater
Mix everything together. The batter will be pretty thin. It’s OK! It will definitely firm up as it cooks.
I would almost say that the chocolate chips aren’t totally necessary…but they definitely make it taste amazing!
I always make the bite sized muffins for the kids…and big ones for me! (Lover Boy hardly ever gets to enjoy the muffins we make because we typically pig out on them!)
YUM. YUM.YUM!!! Don’t worry about tasting the zucchini because you definitely can’t…you can see it though if you have picky kids you may want to peel it before grating).
Here is Pam’s recipe:
|Chocolate Zucchini Muffins||
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup of canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup of zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a muffin tray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the flours, sugar, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cocoa. Mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, eggs, vanilla. Add the shredded zucchini and stir. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined then add the chocolate chips. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tray, filling each cup to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 17-20 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool before serving. Enjoy