This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Free up oven space this holiday and make this crock-pot holiday ham for Thanksgiving. It’s delicious, moist, sweet and super easy to make.
Holidays are filled with delicious food, good company and laughter! Take the stress out of your meal planning with this amazingly delicious crock-pot holiday ham! Even better yet, it won’t take up space or time in your oven!
Oven Baked Ham
Every year, for every single major holiday, my dad always made the most delicious ham. It was just the right amount of sweetness, the right amount of tenderness, and the right amount of love…yes, love! My dad would wake up around 3am, go downstairs, prep the ham and then start cooking it in the oven ALL DAY LONG until we were ready to eat that evening.
However, this delicious ham always caused a bunch of headaches.
- It takes literally alllll day to cook. Hours among hours. My dad always cooked it on a very low heat so it cooked very slowly
- It took up oven space meaning that the 48 other dishes that had to go into the oven had to be spread out throughout the day awaiting a turn in the oven
- It took conscious effort and thought to remember to baste the ham!! Over the course of my lifetime there have been a few hams that haven’t been so great simply because they weren’t basted enough
Regardless of the angst caused by this glorious ham, my husband and I have carried on the tradition (mostly against his will because his family ate turkey — gag!)
Crock-Pot Holiday Ham
A few years ago we were hosting Thanksgiving at our house and my hubby had a genius idea – cook the ham in the CROCK-POT!! (Don’t have one? I recommend the actual Crock Pot brand crock pots!) I will be honest, I was really weary because I had only ever used our crockpot for chili.
To my surprise, the ham was sooo stinking’ good!! It was absolutely perfect! The texture, moisture, flavor were 5 star!
Best of all, we did’t have to give up precious oven space to the ham!
Since then even my dad has changed ways and adopted the crock-pot ham! …and believe me, you’re going to want to too!
Let’s Make It Together!
Add a can of pineapple chunks to the bottom of the crock-pot
Add 3/4c light brown sugar
Add ham and poke with whole cloves
Using a large spoon, ladle the pineapple juice, pineapple and brown sugar over the ham, stuffing pineapple down into the slices of ham
Cover and cook for 6-8 hours depending on the size of the ham
When it’s fully cooked, remove cloves and pineapples and serve sliced ham on a platter. *The inside temperature needs to reach 140 degrees F.
Really! That’s it! So easy and delicious!
So there you have it, my Thanksgiving Ham HACK!!
Take The Stress Out of Your Holiday Planning
I love hosting the holidays but I have screwed up more meals than I would like to admit. That’s why I’ve teamed up with my friend Kelly from Here Comes The Sun and put our best tips, tricks and recipes all together in our eBook titled “The Ultimate Thanksgiving Planner”. We want to help you pull off your very best hosted Thanksgiving STRESS-FREE so you can actually enjoy your holiday … and not forget the rolls in the oven!
Your planner will be delivered via email in PDF format. No hard copies will be sent. You will have instant access! Don’t wait until the last minute to plan.
Still on the fence…Hear from Stephanie!
Hurry!! Don’t wait until the last minute to plan your holiday – grab your eBook today and join in on my FREE recipe sharing group on Facebook!
In this group you will be able to find great recipes, share your own meal creations and get inspired to try new things! Make sure you grab your copy of the eBook today!
Wishing you all the most happy and magical meals!
Crock Pot Holiday Ham
- 1 ham of choice
- 2 can pineapple
- 3/4 c light brown sugar
- 2 tbs whole cloves
- Add a can of pineapple chunks to the bottom of the crock-pot
- Add 3/4c brown sugar
- Add ham and poke with whole cloves
- Using a large spoon, ladle the pineapple juice, pineapple and brown sugar over the ham, stuffing pineapple down into the slices of ham
- Cover and cook on high setting for 6-8 hours depending on the size of the ham
- When it’s fully cooked, remove cloves and pineapples and serve sliced ham on a platter. *The inside temperature needs to reach 140 degrees F.