Tangy lemon, crunchy poppy seeds, sweet glaze and greek yogurt makes these muffins moist and fluffy, perfect for breakfast or brunch!
I’ve been craving lemon lately. I think because it feels springy…and I’m certainly in the mood for warmer weather! I’ve been making cucumber lemon water, lemon zest broccoli and even making roll-on perfume.
My recipe for my lemon poppy seed bread with sugar glaze was recently shared over on Hometalk and received over 10,000 views! So, I’d say it’s a pretty tasty recipe!
I decided to take the same recipe I used for the loaf of lemon poppy seed bread, but turn it into a muffin! Muffins are just so much easier for my family because they are more portable…and we are always running out the door!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Do you follow me on Instagram? If not, I’d love to have you follow me over there as I share lots of behind the scenes in the kitchen and house projects …and take fun little polls on which recipes and projects you would like me to share!
I asked if I should share the recipe for these lemon poppy seed muffins or for my breakfast potatoes…and it was a close call! But the lemon poppy seed muffins won!
Grab And Go Breakfast
Quick and easy recipes are definitely my go-to for breakfast during the week. I typically make blueberry, strawberry oatmeal or zucchini chocolate chip muffins. I make my more labor intensive breakfast recipes on the weekend, like breakfast migas, mini quiches with bacon, or bacon, egg and cheese cups.
Breakfast Loaf Breads
- Apple Pie Bread | Cinnamon Apple Bread
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bread Recipe
- Banana Nut Bread – My Mom’s Recipe
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread with Sugar Glaze
- Almond Flour Bread: Low Carb & Gluten Free
As expected, these muffins were scarfed down in no time! Everyone loves them! …and I like them most because they are so easy to make and the cleanup is minimal! Woot woot!
These muffins are the perfect addition to brunch for a baby shower, Mother’s Day celebration, welcome to the neighborhood gifts and so much more! I would highly encourage you to make them!
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Greek Yogurt
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pan with paper cups
- mix together flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Set aside
- mix together lemon zest, yogurt, sugar, eggs, poppy seeds, oil, lemon juice, milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- gently fold flour mixture into yogurt mixture until combined
- pour batter into cupcake pan and bake for 13-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- in a small bowl, mix together lemon juice and powdered sugar for glaze
- pour glaze over slightly warm bread
- slice and enjoy!
More Delicious Bread Recipes!
Make sure to PIN this recipe for later!