Soft and Chewy M&M Cookies that are filled with delicious chocolate coated candies and a rich buttery taste. Use red and blue M&M and they make the perfect cookie for the 4th Of July!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
My Mother-In-Law has been visiting us for the past week and a half ~ we’ve been up to lots of fun traveling trips and other goodies! Oh so much blogging to catch up on!
Anyway, yesterday we made these M&M Sugar Cookies for the 4th of July. I think they turned out so cute!
Happy 4th of July!
|4th of July M&M Cookies|
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla thoroughly. Add flour, salt, and baking soda to creamed mixture. Blend well. Add 3/4 cup of M&M candies.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. Slightly push a few candies on top of each dough ball with remaining candies.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes
If you have a a few extra minutes, these Easy Firework Sugar Cookies are so much fun and loved by all! I’ve even got a video tutorial on how to make them, I promise they are not hard to make at all!
Thank you to Scott and his family and all of the others who are so brave to save our great country! We are so blessed because of you!