This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Red, white and blue! This American Flag fruit pie is the perfect dessert for 4th of July, Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day! Sugar cookie pie crust with whipped topping, blueberries and raspberries make this fruit pie one to remember!
I love simple desserts that look gorgeous! Good looking food is kind of like curb appeal… the cuter/nicer it looks, the better it will be! haha! These Easy Firework Sugar Cookies for 4th of July are definitely one of those desserts, too!
With the world opening back up, I’m certain there will be a lot of summer celebrations this year! Why not impress your family and friends with this adorable flag fruit pie that has all the patriotic feels! Serve this fruit pie along with one of these 21 Recipes for Memorial Day! (or of course, 4th of July).
Let’s Make It Together!
Patriotic American Flag Fruit Pie | 4th of July Dessert Ingredients
- Sugar cookie dough – to save time, you can make this patriotic fruit pie using a tube of remade store-bought sugar cookie dough. For this pie, I used Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
- Cream cheese – the cream cheese provides such a creamy, thicker texture to the whipped topping for the pie. I am a bit of a cream cheese snob and always use Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese
- Sugar – use granulated pure cane sugar (white sugar)
- Vanilla extract – the flavor and taste of vanilla varies between each brand. While I usually use McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract when baking, I only have Molina Mexican Vanilla Blend on hand when making this patriotic fruit pie. I would recommend using your preferred vanilla extra brand, however, I would suggest using pure vanilla extract and not a blend or imitation
- Whipped topping – for this pie, it’s best to use the whipped topping (aka Cool Whip) in a container found in the freezer section and not the spray can of whipped cream
- Blueberries – I would suggest using fresh blueberries rather than frozen. If you can only find frozen, be sure to defrost and drain any excess liquid
- Raspberries – like the blueberries, I suggest using fresh raspberries. If you can only find frozen, be sure to defrost and drain any excess liquid
How To Make A Patriotic Flag Fruit Pie Dessert
Step 1: Start by rolling out a package of pre-made sugar cookie dough on a pizza pan. My pizza pan is from Dollar Tree and was the perfect size!
Step 2: Bake according to the sugar cookie dough package. Remove from oven and let cool completely
Step 3: In a mixer, cream together cream cheese, whipped cream, sugar and vanillaa
Step 4: Spread onto cooled sugar cookie pie crust
Step 5: Add the berries and serve!
This patriotic flag fruit pie was just so pretty that I had to snap a ton of photos…so be prepared for photo overload!
Tip: Serve this flag fruit pie immediately or keep cooled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This flag fruit pie would be perfect to serve for all of the patriotic holidays! 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, voting day!!… I mean there are so many times a year that you could make this pie!
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! I highly recommend using premade store-bought sugar cookie dough for your pie crust as it helps save time!
Once you remove the pie or pie crust from the oven, set it on the stovetop and allow it to completely cool. Depending on room temperature, this may take around 1 hour or more. I would not suggest speeding up the cooling process by placing it in the refrigerator or freezer as this may alter the consistency or texture.
The type of fruit you use for fruit pies can vary based on preference. For this particular patriotic fruit pie, I used berries that were blue and red to resemble the colors of the American flag.
I store my already-made fruit pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, it typically doesn’t last that long because everyone loves it and eats it up!
While I know many people freeze their pies, I have never personally done this. I am not a big fan of storing food in the freezer, so I typically don’t. However, if you do store this pie in the freezer, I would suggest tightly wrapping it with freezer paper and then placing it inside of a freezer Ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Remove from freezer when ready to use and thaw in the refrigerator.
More Delicious Patriotic Dishes and Desserts
I love making special dishes for my family around the holidays! Here are some of my favorite desserts and dishes for the patriotic American holidays!
Patriotic American Flag Fruit Pie | 4th of July Dessert
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz whipped topping, thawed
- 3-4 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll sugar cookie dough out onto a pizza pan. Roll smooth with a rolling pin
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until golden in color. Let cool
- In a mixer, cream together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and whipped topping
- Spread cream mixture on top of the cooled sugar cookie pie crust
- Add berries in the shape of an American flag
- Serve immediately or keep in refrigerator until ready to serve