Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to give up all of the great dishes that you love. These zucchini lasagna rolls are the perfect healthy twist to classic lasagna!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
My husband was eating a slow carb diet for a while (still does for the most part) so I tried to make meals that were healthy, tasty and were great alternatives to classic dishes loaded with carbs. Zucchini lasagna rolls were the perfect fix when he began craving pasta!
- spaghetti sauce (I make mine homemade)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large zucchini sliced long ways in very thin slices
- Mix together all cheeses, eggs, garlic and salt & pepper in a bowl
- Slice zucchini long ways in very thin slices
- Spoon spaghetti sauce on the bottom of 8×12 dish
- Lay zucchini slices down flat and spoon 1-2 tbs cheese mixture onto zucchini and roll up
- Place each roll upward and spoon spaghetti sauce on top – spear with a toothpick if needed to hold together
- Sprinkle with additional mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 350 until golden brown on top, about 15-20 minutes
They were SO delicious! Our kids even really enjoyed them! That right there is worth adding these zucchini lasagna rolls to your weekly meal plans! 🙂
For this recipe I used a jar of my 8 ingredient homemade spaghetti sauce.
Before I make them the next time, however, I plan to order this slicer because it was pretty difficult to slice the zucchini thin enough, for the whole length and not cut my fingers.
Enjoy and happy, healthy eating!