This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Hey there everyone!! Thanks so much for being so patient as I switched my blog over to a self-hosted site. There are a few changes that you may notice right now with more to come…slowly but surely I am going to figure out this technical computer
crap stuff. So far I have only wanted to pull my hair out 3,827 times, not bad! 😉
Anyway, I will be back on course with posting recipes, crafts and DIY projects. To kick it off is this recipe for Corkscrew Con Broccoli. The recipe on the back of the Mueller Sea Shell noodles inspired me to create this. I will tell you this, my kids ABSOLUTEY.LOVED.THIS!!!! I’m not even joking when I say that they were picking out the broccoli to eat instead of the noodles!…usually it is the other way around! Eat the noodles forget the veggies! I think that we will be eating this for breakfast, lunch and dinner at my house from now on! 🙂
- 8 oz (1/2 pkg) Mueller’s Large Sea Shells
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced or 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup white wine (optional)
- 1-1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 cups broccoli florets, blanched al dente
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain pot
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet; add garlic, basil, rosemary and sun dried tomatoes.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add the wine and reduce by 1/2. Then add broth.
- Toss in broccoli and shells; stir until hot.
- Add the cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.