These mini quiches with bacon and peas is so quick and easy to make. Everyone LOVED this recipe!! Pie crust, eggs, peas, bacon, gruyere cheese, and heavy cream team up to make this delicious and nutritious quiche that is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
My kids have fallen in love with the Food Network show, Girl Meets Farm with Molly Yeh. My hubby thinks it’s because she appears to have a very similar personality to me – and if I had a cooking show, I would act just like her. HAHA!
My son watched one of her episodes where she hosted a brunch for a bunch of her friends and she made Mini Quiches with Peas & Bacon. He asked me to make this for breakfast because he thought they looked so good. So that’s exactly what we did…not only did we all love the quiches, our sweet little kitty cat thought they looked amazingly delicious as well! 🙂 These quiches were such a great alternative to our crustless-quiche!
We began by lining these super cute quiche pans I bought from an antique store recently with pre made store bought pie crust.
Next I cooked our bacon on my bacon tray in the microwave and then combined the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Once the bacon was cooked, I cut it into bite sized pieces and added it to the egg mixture.
I then ladled the mixture into each pie crust and baked in the oven at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Once the quiches were done baking, I let them rest on the stovetop to cool for about 10 minutes. then we devoured them!!!
6 slices bacon
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup frozen peas
3 ounces shredded Gruyere cheese
1 round refrigerated pie dough (half of a 14-ounce package)
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the bacon to a medium skillet, turn the heat to medium high and cook until browned and crispy on both sides, about 7 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then dice. Set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the eggs, heavy cream, paprika, cayenne, Dijon and some salt and pepper; whisk to combine. Add the bacon, peas and Gruyere; fold to combine. Set aside.
- Unroll the pie dough and cut out 7 rounds using a 3-inch round cookie cutter. (If necessary, roll out the scraps and cut out more rounds.) Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray. Press each dough round into a muffin tin cup, crimping the edges.
- Divide the egg mixture between the 7 pie dough cups. Bake until just set, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.