This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Wheat flour, oats, apple sauce, soy milk, strawberries and blackberries make these muffins a healthy, kid-approved breakfast for those busy mornings!
I had a bunch of strawberries and blackberries that needed to be eaten quick so I came up with a new muffin recipe that my kiddos loved!!
|Strawberry Blackberry Muffins with Chocolate Chips||
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees
- Mix the milk, applesauce, Earth Balance, and vanilla extract together in a bowl
- Mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl
- Pour the applesauce mixture into the bowl with flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in the strawberries, blackberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour into muffin tins.
- Bake until cooked all of the way through.