I had a bunch of strawberries and blackberries that needed to be eaten quick so I came up with a new muffin recipe that my kiddos loved!!
|Strawberry Blackberry Muffins with Chocolate Chips||
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees
- Mix the milk, applesauce, Earth Balance, and vanilla extract together in a bowl
- Mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl
- Pour the applesauce mixture into the bowl with flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in the strawberries, blackberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour into muffin tins.
- Bake until cooked all of the way through.