This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
The absolute best blueberry muffins that are moist and topped with a brown sugar streusel crumble!
I have tried so many recipes for Blueberry Muffins and have found some good ones, bad ones and horrible ones. However, I finally have found my go-to Blueberry Muffin recipe. I found them on Pioneer Women’s Tasty Kitchen site. They were originally posted by Craftedmybones called Best Ever Blueberry Muffins. (Craftedmybones blogs at vanillaandlace – check it out!! It’s an amazing site!)I am renaming them the World’s Best Blueberry Muffins because that is what they truly are! I have made them so many times with our fresh blueberries that we picked and each time have LOVED them! They are the perfect balance of sweet and moist and are super easy to make!
Here’s how you can make them too!
Preheat oven to 400°
In a large mixing bowl combine all of your dry ingredients; flour, sugar, baking soda & salt and mix
In a measuring cup add 1/3c vegetable oil
Next add 1 egg to the oil
Now fill to the 1c line with milk
Therefore, you should only have 1c of wet ingredients. It should look like this
Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry while mixing
Add 1c fresh blueberries
and stir by hand (perfect job for your little chefs!)
Combine sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon in a small bowl
Using a fork, combine mixture until mealy
Fill muffin tins with batter and sprinkle with crumble topping. Bake at 400 degrees. *Craftedmybones recommends cooking them for 20-25 minutes – I must have a super hot oven because I pull mine out at 15-16 minutes and they are just right. Adjust the time according to your oven
(I like to make the mini muffins for my kiddos because they have a much easier time eating them!) (isn’t my pan super pretty?!?! anyone want to come and scrub them for me?!)
Devour them as soon as they come out of the oven! (I don’t even have the patience to let them cool because they are THAT good!
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar (i used evaporated cane juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg (i used one egg replacer)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- For the streusal topping:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup earth balance (or butter), cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- To make the muffins, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1-cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with the flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To make crumb topping: Mix together sugar, cup flour, butter, and cinnamon. Mix with a fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. (my oven takes about 17 minutes)
In case you’ve had trouble seeing the recipe here it is again:
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar (i used evaporated cane juice)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg (i used one egg replacer)
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberriesFor the streusal topping:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup earth balance (or butter), cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg (or replacer mixture) and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
3. To Make Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup earth balance, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking. (You may not use all the topping)
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Thank you so much to Craftedmybones ( vanillaandlace ) for such an amazing recipe and photo!
My other blueberry recipes: