Change up taco night with a delicious twist! This nacho casserole that you bake in the oven is a fantastic change up to taco Tuesday!
Tired of the same old taco Tuesday routine? Change things up with this mouth-wateringnacho casserole bake! Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal, this twist on traditional tacos is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Give your taste buds a treat and try this delicious recipe tonight!
Check out my 25 Cinco de Mayo Quick and Easy Recipes!
We had left overs from the Mexican Tostadas the night before. So I ran sacked my fridge and pantry and pulled together anything that made sense going together to create this Taco Casserole Bake! It was delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Check out these 25 Ground Beef Dinner Ideas!
- ground beef – use 85% fat or less for this recipe
- taco seasoning – use your favorite brand, or make your own homemade taco seasoning packet
- refried beans – I like to use non-fat refried beans
- tortilla chips – any brand will do! – when I make this again, I think the bite-sized chips would work great!
- shredded cheddar cheese – or you change things up and add a fiesta blend cheese instead for more flavor!
- salsa con queso cheese – this adds that classic nacho taste!
- jalapeño – you can omit the if you aren’t a fan of heat
- sour cream – top your nacho off with a dollop of sour cream to help cut down the spiciness!
- salsa – I used homemade salsa for this recipe, however, you can always purchase your favorite brand salsa and use that
- fresh cilantro – fresh cilantro can be found at any major grocery store in the fresh produce section…don’t confuse it for parsley! 🙂
Assemble The Casserole
STEP 1: In a skillet, cook ground beef and add taco seasonings. Cook according to package
STEP 2: Spread refried beans in a pie dish (sorry that totally does not look appetizing!! …but it tasted good!)
STEP 3: In a large bowl mix tortilla chips, a TON of cheese (your choice, I had cheddar so I used it!) and beef. Mix together
Have your two year old side kick add even more cheese!! You can never have too much!…remember it’s dairy!!! who cares about the fat!!…it’s good fat! 🙂
STEP 4: Dice up a jalapeño pepper (I left in the seeds but only spread it on 3/4 of the dish because the little mouths around here say “spicy!”)
STEP 5: Add queso cheese and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes
I also poured the nacho cheese dip from the jar on top (only because I had it and it was almost gone)…it made a world of a difference! I now considered this a must!!
STEP 6: Remove from oven and top with sour cream, cilantro and salsa!
I used freshly cut cilantro and my homemade salsa recipe. These really made the nacho casserole taste amazing!
I know that this totally seems like a “duh” dish to make! But I have never made one that tasted as good as this one! We all really enjoyed this!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- glass baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a skillet, cook ground beef and add taco seasonings. Cook according to package
- Spread uncooked refried beans in the bottom of a glass baking dish
- Layer in tortilla chips, taco meat, cheese and jalapeños
- Top with queso cheese
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes
- Dish out servings and add toppings of choice: sour cream, salsa and fresh cilantro