This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
A festive holiday classic cookie! These red velvet Christmas crinkle cookies are made with only four ingredients; red velvet cake mix, eggs, oil and powdered sugar.
These Christmas Crinkle cookies are some of my daughter’s favorite cookies to bake. She has been baking with me ever since she was a baby. I would set her in a bouncy seat on the counter and she would hold the spoon while I baked my go-to chocolate chip cookies. Then as she got older, she helped put the ingredients in the bowl and would turn on the mixer…now she creates recipes on her own and runs the whole show!
We both love these simple cookies because they are easy to make but they turn out so pretty! These red velvet crinkle cookies are great for Christmas cookie swaps!
My nieces recently visited and we enjoyed baking and eating red velvet and chocolate crinkle cookies!
Let’s Make Them Together!
In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil or butter and eggs.
Form into balls and toss in powdered sugar. Coat evenly
Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes or until the cookies begin to “crack”
You can also swap out the red velvet cake mix for chocolate cake mix or lemon cake mix and make chocolate or lemon crinkle cookies!
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box cake mix; red velvet, chocolate or lemon
- 6 tsp melted butter, cooled or vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c powdered sugar; for coating the cookie balls
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil or butter and eggs.
- Form into balls and toss in powdered sugar. Coat evenly
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes or until the cookies begin to "crack"