This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Serve this classic homemade hummus recipe along with pitas, tortilla chips or fresh veggies! A healthy snacking appetizer!
I love hummus but hate buying it from the store because the container is always just too small! I finally decided to make my own! I used Pioneer Woman’s Heavenly Hummus recipe and loved it! The hardest part about the recipe is finding Tahini in the grocery store!! (it’s in the Asian food isle just FYI)
Everyone helped out in making the hummus! My daughter picked the fresh basil, my son opened the cans of chick peas and my little guy worked the blender!
Here’s the recipe! Hope you guys enjoy it!
- 3 cans (14.5 Oz.) Garbanzo Beans, Rinsed And Drained
- 1/3 cup Plus 1 Tablespoon Tahini
- 3 cloves Garlic, Chopped, Or More To Taste
- 1/2 whole Lemon, Juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin, Or More To Taste
- Salt To Taste
- Fresh Basil Or Italian Parsley
- 3 Tablespoons To 5 Tablespoons Cold Water
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Combine chickpeas with all ingredients, except water and olive oil, in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse until mixture becomes somewhat smooth and combined, but do not over mix.
- Add water as necessary to facilitate blending. At the end, add olive oil and pulse no more than three times, just to incorporate.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and stir to ensure mixture is combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to three days in the fridge.