This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
A healthy, vegetarian dish that’s quick and easy to make!
The recipes that I have found and tried from Eating Well have been amazing! We loved the Moroccan Vegetable Soup and the Smoky Corn & Black Bean Grilled Pizza. Yesterday I made yet another one of their recipes and was thoroughly satisfied.
Spinach Gnocchi Skillet Ingredients
- gnocchi – similar to a pasta dumpling
- fresh spinach – I like to use baby spinach because the leaves are smaller and sometimes the regular sized spinach leaves are just a little too big for my preference
- onions –
- garlic – use a garlic press to finely chop your garlic into small pieces
- diced tomatoes – use already seasoned diced tomatoes. Look for a can of Italian Seasoned Diced Tomatoes in your local grocery store
- white beans – also called Cannellini beans or white kidney beans. Drain from can and rinse well before using
- mozzarella cheese – a really great melting cheese
- Parmesan cheese – a classic Italian cheese that is tangy and nutty all mixed into one!
Let’s Make It Together!
Skillet Gnocchi Recipe
Skillet Gnocchi with Spinach & White Beans
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz package of gnocchi
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 c water
- 6 c spinach chopped
- 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
- 1 15oz can of white beans aka Cannellini beans or white kidney beans
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese grated
- Heat gnocchi in a skillet with 1tbs EVOO until they slightly turn brown
- Remove gnocchi from skillet and set aside in a bowl
- Slice 1 medium onion really thin
- Mince 4 cloves of garlic
- In the same skillet as the gnocchi was cooked in, heat onion in 1tsp EVOO until they are slightly brown
- Add in the garlic cloves
- Add 1/4c water
- Cover with lid and cook until the onion is soft, about 4-6 minutes
- In the meantime rough chop 6c of spinach (or chard if you can find it at the store)
- Once the onions are soft add in the spinach and let wilt
- Next add in a can of diced tomatoes with Italian Seasoning. My can was not seasoned so I just added in 1tbs dry Italian Seasoning
- And a can of drained and rinsed white beans
- Add back the gnocchi
- Stir in 1/2c shredded mozzarella cheese
- As well as a 1/4c parmesan cheese. Stir together until all of the cheese is melted (you may need to recover skillet and let sit for a few minutes)
I personally loved this! After I swallowed my plate whole, I went back to the skillet and was eating it straight from there. The white beans were my favorite part of the dish! I can definitely see myself making this again and omitting the gnocchi…although I really like gnocchi, the white beans were the stellar ingredient in my book!
Enjoy and give it a try! PIN this image to save for later!
More Delicious & Easy Spinach Recipes
- Greek Spinach Pie
- Lipton Soup Spinach Dip with Hawaiian Bread
- Tortellini Spinach Bake
- Lentil and Spinach Breakfast Bowl
- Grilled Chicken, Toasted Walnuts, Strawberry, Spinach Salad
- Grilled Cheese with Spinach & Tomatoes
- Spinach Mozzarella Pumpernickel Sandwich
- Super Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip