This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Love peanut butter and chocolate? These cookies are loaded with creamy peanut butter, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, and chocolate chips.
The latest copy of the Food Network magazine arrived at my house and I found myself thumbing through it during commercials as I watch what is unfolding over in Ukraine. My heart just hurts and I’m desperately trying to find ways to help. But this is not the time nor place to go into that.
One of the recipes that stopped me in my page turning was a recipe for Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies. While, I’m not the biggest fan of peanut butter, I knew my kids and hubby would love these cookies since they love these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies I make.
I followed the recipe as in the magazine, except I did omit the shredded coconut flakes. The only reason I did this was because I didn’t have any coconut flakes on hand.
Loaded Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- rolled oats – this recipe calls for the oats to be toasted in the oven before adding into the other ingredients
- peanut butter – creamy peanut butter helps bind all of the ingredients together
- butter – almost all baking recipes call for unsalted butter. I buck that every single time. I always use/bake with salted butter. I don’t really have a good explanation other than it’s just what I always do.
- light brown sugar – brown sugar has molasses and has a rich flavor, great when baking
- granulated sugar – also known as white sugar. Is very sweet and contains less water content levels than brown sugar
- salt – in baking salt, helps provide a balance to the sweetness
- baking powder – when baking powder comes in contact with liquid, it releases carbon dioxide bubbles, which causes the baked goods to rise
- baking soda – acts as a leavening agent when baking
- eggs – when baking it is best to use large eggs. Eggs provide structure and flavor, while also making sure the cookie is not too dense
- semisweet chocolate chips – I used chocolate chip chunks and morsels. Remember, a baker’s secret is to save a few morsels to place on top of the rolled cookie dough balls.
- sweetened shredded coconut – due to the added sugar in the sweetened shredded coconut, the coconut will be more moist and sweet, which works great when baking
- mini peanut butter cups chopped – I used Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Loaded Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1 c peanut butter creamy
- 4 tbs butter at room temperature
- 2/3 c light brown sugar packed
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 c sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 c mini peanut butter cups chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spread oats on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool
- Combine peanut butter and butter in a large bowl. Beat with mixer on medium speed
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda for 2 minutes
- Beat in eggs
- Using a spatula, stir in toasted oats, chocolate chips, coconut and peanut butter cups
- Scoop and roll dough. Gently flatten cookie mounds with your hands
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked through
More Favorite Cookie Recipes:
Looking for more delicious cookie recipes? Check out my full collection of cookie recipes, or my favorite cookies here:
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Monster Cookies
- Lofthouse Style Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – Non Cakey
- Baseball Royal Icing Sugar Cookies