Crispy Potato Soft Taco
I posted this last year and it was a huge hit not only at my house but it was one of my most viewed recipes. I’m making it right now actually for an afternoon snack! 🙂 The best part is is that my kids like it too! Which is a huge accomplishment! I wanted to share the recipe with you again so you can enjoy it as well!
Check out my 25 Cinco de Mayo Quick and Easy Recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Here’s my old post:
We like to eat out. Often. At local restaurants. Not usually chains. Not usually fast food. However, confession time. I do love Taco Bell. In fact, it’s really the only fast food restaurant that I like. I’m obsessed with their Baja Blast – and I don’t even drink pop (I grew up in the North, ‘pop’ is just apart of my vocabulary!) Yet when I eat it I feel guilty because I know how much filler is in the meat, which in turn makes me want to barf! (sorry, but it does).
One glorious day while filling my Baja Blast cravings I noticed on the $0.89 menu something called Crispy Potato Soft Taco. I decided I’d give it a try since it sounded like it was meatless. Score! It was!…and now I’m obsessed with it right along with the Baja Blasts! (you will probably find a wrapper in my car if you searched. Any takers on coming to clean my car?!?!)
This afternoon it was raining and I didn’t feel like loading the kiddos up in the car JUST to get one of those suckers, so I decided to try my hand at a Crispy Potato Soft Taco. Here’s how it turned out!
Then do as I did…inhale this taco! They were so delicious that I even made them again for dinner! 🙂
- 1-2 potatoes (based on size)
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- soft tortilla shell
- ranch dressing
- shredded mexican cheese
- Dice potatoes into 1/2″ or so pieces
- Heat EVOO in a skillet
- Throw your potatoes into the EVOO once it is hot. Then season with salt, pepper, oregano, parsley and garlic (I used garlic salt) *Amounts are based on your preference
- Fry the potatoes in the EVOO. Resist the urge to turn them over as soon as they start to turn brown, you want them crispy!
- Nice and crunchy. I laid mine out on a paper towel to soak up the extra EVOO
- On a warmed tortilla layer lettuce, potatoes, a little Ranch dressing and cheese
Give it a try and let me know what you think!