Crispy Potato Soft Taco
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Crispy Potato Soft Taco
I posted this last year and it was a huge hit not only at my house but it was one of my most viewed recipes. I’m making it right now actually for an afternoon snack! 🙂 The best part is is that my kids like it too! Which is a huge accomplishment! I wanted to share the recipe with you again so you can enjoy it as well!
Check out my 25 Cinco de Mayo Quick and Easy Recipes!
Here’s my old post:
We like to eat out. Often. At local restaurants. Not usually chains. Not usually fast food. However, confession time. I do love Taco Bell. In fact, it’s really the only fast food restaurant that I like. I’m obsessed with their Baja Blast – and I don’t even drink pop (I grew up in the North, ‘pop’ is just apart of my vocabulary!) Yet when I eat it I feel guilty because I know how much filler is in the meat, which in turn makes me want to barf! (sorry, but it does).
One glorious day while filling my Baja Blast cravings I noticed on the $0.89 menu something called Crispy Potato Soft Taco. I decided I’d give it a try since it sounded like it was meatless. Score! It was!…and now I’m obsessed with it right along with the Baja Blasts! (you will probably find a wrapper in my car if you searched. Any takers on coming to clean my car?!?!)
This afternoon it was raining and I didn’t feel like loading the kiddos up in the car JUST to get one of those suckers, so I decided to try my hand at a Crispy Potato Soft Taco. Here’s how it turned out!
Then do as I did…inhale this taco! They were so delicious that I even made them again for dinner! 🙂
- 1-2 potatoes (based on size)
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- soft tortilla shell
- ranch dressing
- shredded mexican cheese
- Dice potatoes into 1/2″ or so pieces
- Heat EVOO in a skillet
- Throw your potatoes into the EVOO once it is hot. Then season with salt, pepper, oregano, parsley and garlic (I used garlic salt) *Amounts are based on your preference
- Fry the potatoes in the EVOO. Resist the urge to turn them over as soon as they start to turn brown, you want them crispy!
- Nice and crunchy. I laid mine out on a paper towel to soak up the extra EVOO
- On a warmed tortilla layer lettuce, potatoes, a little Ranch dressing and cheese
Give it a try and let me know what you think!