This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
We’ve had my family here all week from Illinois celebrating lots of special birthdays!
All of us headed to Little Finch’s preschool to celebrate with her and her classmates. Their classroom mascot is a ladybug so I decided to stick with the theme and incorporate it into the cupcakes I made.
|Grass||Wilton Cake Decorating Tip #24|
|Wilton Leaf Green Color|
|Pillsbury Vanilla Frosting|
|Pillsbury Chocolate Cake|
|Ladybug||Cherry Slices (gummy)|
|Black Sparkle Gel Frosting|
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions and let cool
- In the same container as the frosting add in however much coloring you want. Tip: I always use my hand held mixer with just one beater in it. Stick it in the can of frosting and beat for about one minute until all of the frosting is equally colored
- Fill cake decorating bag and pipe out grass. Tip: If the frosting starts to get too warm and is coming out of the bag too quickly stick it in the freezer for 1-2 minutes so it can firm up a bit
- Using kitchen scissors cut the gummy cherry slices to resemble a ladybug
- Use the sparkle gel and pipe a head and dots on the cherry slice
- Pipe a small dab of gel on bottom of ladybug and place on grass