This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Recipe Type: Lunch, Dinner, Side, Vegan
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
I loosely followed the recipe on the box for this
- Quinoa: 2c water, 1c quinoa – follow instructions on box
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced 6 cups quinoa, cooked (basic recipe)
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup celery, diced 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced 1 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, diced 1/4 tsp oregano
- salt to taste
- Sauté chopped vegetables in olive oil until clear, yet crisp: stir in oregano. Add sautéed vegetables to cooked, hot quinoa, mixing well. Add salt to taste. Dry-roast almonds in heavy skillet until lightly golden. Add almonds and mix. Serves 6-8. Quinoa pilaf served as a side dish with fish or chicken is delicious. Vary the pilaf using your favorite vegetables, or by cooking the quinoa in chicken, fish or vegetable stock instead of water.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe