- Quinoa: 2c water, 1c quinoa – follow instructions on box
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced 6 cups quinoa, cooked (basic recipe)
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup celery, diced 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced 1 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, diced 1/4 tsp oregano
- salt to taste
- Sauté chopped vegetables in olive oil until clear, yet crisp: stir in oregano. Add sautéed vegetables to cooked, hot quinoa, mixing well. Add salt to taste. Dry-roast almonds in heavy skillet until lightly golden. Add almonds and mix. Serves 6-8. Quinoa pilaf served as a side dish with fish or chicken is delicious. Vary the pilaf using your favorite vegetables, or by cooking the quinoa in chicken, fish or vegetable stock instead of water.