Moist and fluffy easy to make muffins loaded with blueberries and strawberries for a patriotic breakfast for 4th of July!
Yesterday at the grocery store I picked up a big carton on blueberries and strawberries. I intended on making my absolute favorite blueberry muffins, but as I was preparing the batter I decided that I would make the muffins festive for the upcoming holiday, 4th of July!
In addition to the blueberries, I added in diced strawberries. I am so glad that I did! These muffins were quite yummy to taste and super cute to look at!
p.s. if you are hosting a party for 4th of July, check out my 5 tips for planning the perfect 4th of July party!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Ingredients for 4th of July Breakfast Muffins
- Butter – almost all baking recipes call for unsalted butter. I buck that every single time. I always use/bake with sweet cream salted butter. I don’t really have a good explanation other than it’s just what I always do.
- Granulated sugar – also known as pure cane sugar or white sugar. Is very sweet and contains less water content levels than brown sugar.
- Eggs – when baking, always use room temperature eggs. Be sure to set your eggs out on the counter before you begin to mix your ingredients. Room temperature eggs blend more evenly in batters than eggs straight out of the refrigerator. When baking, also use large-sized eggs.
- Vanilla extract – the flavor and taste of vanilla varies between each brand. While I usually use McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract when baking. I would recommend using your preferred vanilla extra brand, however, I would suggest using pure vanilla extract and not a blend or imitation
- Baking powder – when baking powder comes in contact with liquid, it releases carbon dioxide bubbles, which causes the baked goods to rise
- Salt – in baking, salt helps provide a balance to the sweetness
- Milk – the % milk you choose to use is up to you. I personally only buy whole milk, so all of my recipes that require milk use whole milk
- Blueberries – I would suggest using fresh blueberries rather than frozen. If you can only find frozen, be sure to defrost and drain any excess liquid
- Strawberries – like the blueberries, I suggest using fresh strawberries. If you can only find frozen, be sure to defrost and drain any excess liquid
How To Make 4th of July Breakfast Muffins
Here’s how you can make them too!
*Preheat oven to 375 degrees
4th of July Breakfast Muffins Recipe
4th of July Breakfast Muffins
- Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
- preheat oven to 375°F
- cream together butter and sugar with stand mixer. Butter and sugar should be really fluffy
- Add in eggs, one at a time
- Add in vanilla, baking powder & salt
- Add in flour – alternating with milk (add a little at a time, mixing in between each addition)
- Fold in blueberries with a spatula
- Fold in strawberries
- Spoon into muffin tins. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes
More Delicious Patriotic Dishes and Desserts
I love making special dishes for my family around the holidays! Here are some of my favorite desserts and dishes for the patriotic American holidays!
- Patriotic American Flag Fruit Pie | 4th of July Dessert – Red, white and blue! This American Flag fruit pie is the perfect dessert for 4th of July, Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day! Sugar cookie pie crust with whipped topping, blueberries and raspberries make this fruit pie one to remember!
- Store Bought Angel Food Cake with Cool Whip and Berries | 4th of July Dessert – A fresh and delicious dessert with store bought angel food cake, cool whip and fresh berries. The perfect patriotic dessert for 4th of July or Memorial Day!
- 4th of July M&M Cookies – Soft and Chewy M&M Cookies that are filled with delicious chocolate coated candies and a rich buttery taste. Use red and blue M&M and they make the perfect cookie for the 4th Of July!
- Easy Firework Sugar Cookies for 4th of July – Celebrate 4th of July with these easy and delicious firework sugar cookies that take only a few minutes to make!
- BBQ Pork Rind Cheesy Cowboy Casserole – This BBQ Pork Rind Cheesy Cowboy Casserole is the perfect way to add some southern flavors to your next BBQ gathering!
HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!!