When I was growing up we always used to get little recipe cards in the mail. I loved looking through them and would keep them for “one day when I was a grown up”.
Fast forward a bunch of years and I’m not a college student who loved “playing house” with my then boyfriend (now husband). I pulled out my recipes and the absolute best recipe I had was for an Apple Pie. To this day my husband still LOVES it and begs me to make it every fall when we go apple picking in the beautiful North Carolina mountains.
Today I’m going to share the goodness with you so you can woe your significant others! 🙂 You’ll thank me!
- ¼c packed light brown sugar
- ¼c granulated sugar
- 1tbs all-purpose flour
- 1tsp grated lemon peel
- ¼tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼tsp ground nutmeg
- 1c dark raisins (optional)
- 6 medium baking apples, peeled, cored & thinly sliced
- 2 unbaked, ready-made 9 inch pie crusts
- For The Glaze (optional)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1tsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spray and line pie dish with 1 pie crust
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, lemon peel, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Add apples to sugar mixture; stir until coated. Stir in raisins (optional)
- Spoon apple mixture into pie dish.
- Top with 2nd pie crust and slit holes for breathing
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
Thanks for stopping by! I'd love for you to FOLLOW ME!!