This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Tonight for dinner I made a recipe from the archives: Honey Almond Crusted Chicken, but added it to a salad. By now, you all know that I don’t like chicken but I actually really liked this!! In fact, I can’t wait to eat my leftovers for lunch tomorrow 🙂
The recipe is so easy to make. A few hours before you serve, hard boil a few eggs and then refrigerate them so they are cold for the salad. Then while your chicken is baking in the oven prepare the rest of your salad.
Here’s the recipe tutorial for the Baked Honey Almond Chicken
The rest of the salad is pretty self explanatory and really easy to assemble. You can serve the salad with your choice of dressing, I used poppyseed and it was delish!
- chicken cutlets
- 1c almonds
- 1tbs ground mustard
- 1/4tsp salt
- romaine lettuce
- carrots (carrots shavings)
- cucumber (diced)
- tomato (diced)
- hard boiled eggs
- dressing of choice – I used poppyseed
- -Blend in a food processor the almonds, mustard and salt.
- -Coat chicken in honey and top with almond mixture
- -Bake on a broiler pan with water below in an oven heated at 400 degrees until chicken is crispy, turning once.
- -Hard boil your eggs and cool earlier in the day
- -dice/shave veggies and assemble with spinach and romaine.
- -top with chicken
- -add dressing of choice
My kiddos plates – chicken, cucumber and carrots with ranch dressing and a hard boiled egg.
If you think you’d enjoy this recipe I’d love for you to PIN IT!!