This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
We’ve been getting fruits and veggies from a guy who delivers produce to some of our friend’s work. There’s so much produce that comes in the $15 basket that I order that some typically goes to waste. So in an effort to eliminate waste I decided to make a loaded veggie soup – and am so glad that I did, it was amazing!
The best ingredient in the soup was cauliflower!!!…and none of us even like cauliflower!
Here’s how I made it:
In my dutch oven I drizzled in a little EVOO and then cooked fresh corn, carrots, green beans, green pepper, onion and potatoes (pretend those are in the picture) under they were tender.
While the other veggies were cooking I cut up a bunch of cauliflower and set aside.
I cooked the veggies until they were tender.
I added in roughly 5 cups of water.
Next I added in 2 beef bouillon cubes and the cauliflower.
I seasoned it with a few fresh basil leaves, 1tbs dried oregano, 1 tbs dried parsley, 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp salt and 1tsp pepper.
I covered the pot with the lid and let it simmer for about 3 hours.
15 minutes before I was ready to serve the soup I added in the tortellini…and oh yeah, the diced tomatoes that I forgot to add in when I added the cauliflower. I covered the pot again and turned up the heat to a boil for 15 minutes.
Yum yum yum!!
|Loaded Veggie Tortellini Soup|
- 2tbs EVOO
- 4 diced carrots
- 1/2 diced green pepper
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 ears of corn (cut corn off)
- 1 cup diced green beans
- 5 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups diced cauliflower
- 1tbs dried oregano
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 bouillon cubes (or substitute it with veggie stock to make it vegan)
- 1/2 package cheese tortellini noodles (substitute with spinach tortellini to make it vegan)
- extra water if needed
- in a large dutch oven or pan combine EVOO, carrots, green pepper, onion, corn and green beans and cook on medium heat until tender.
- Add in water, diced tomatoes, cauliflower and spices. Cover with lid and simmer for 3+ hours on low heat.
- Last 15 minutes add in tortellini noodles, cover again and turn up heat to high.
- Add in more water if the noodles soaked up too much of the water during the cooking process.