This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Get your kids excited for dinner with these kid sized taco bowls! These tortilla chip bowls are filled with seasoned ground beef, crisp lettuce, tomatoes and shredded cheese. They’re super easy to customize with your family’s favorite toppings. These taco bowls are sure to be a hit with even the pickiest eaters.
A long time ago (aka probably 2 months ago….which seems like eternity to me) a firiend of mine had mentioned that her mom suggested serving her kiddos tacos in tortilla bowl chips. Her son is a picky eater, just like my kiddos, so I figured that if she had luck with this than my chances were pretty high.
These kid taco bowls are essentially mini tacos served in Scoops tortilla chips. Perfect! I mean, who wouldn’t love to eat mini, bite-sized taco bowls?!? These little bowls are not only perfect for little kids, but they would be perfect for finger-food appetizers at a party!
My 3 year old daughter loved these and amazingly ate 4 of these little tacos! My 1 year old son, on the other hand, dumped the insides out and ate everything separately. Which was fine by me…as long as they are eating!
I used ground deer meat and seasoned it just like I do with beef (however, in the recipe, I’ll suggest ground beef as that is what most people will have on hand). I then added the meat to the shells and topped them with tomatoes and cheese, with a side of rice.
Check out these 25 Ground Beef Dinner Ideas!
- Scoops tortilla chips – these Scoops work perfect for these tacos
- ground beef – I use 85% fat or less when making tacos for the best flavor
- taco seasoning – I like to use my homemade taco seasoning packet recipe
- tomatoes – fresh Roma tomatoes diced
- cheese – use your favorite type of cheese. I like Monterey Jack cheese and the fiesta blend cheese
- rice – feel free to use whatever type of rice is your favorite. You could even make my Cilantro Lime Rice
Let’s Make Mini Taco Bites Together!
Step 1: Brown ground beef
Step 2: Season beef
Step 3: Add water
Step 4: Fill Scoops tortilla shells with meat and favorite taco toppings
So yummy and fun!! Perfect for kiddos and party appetizers!
Kid Taco Bowls | Mini Taco Bites
- In a skillet, brown ground beef
- Add taco seasoning and cook according to package
- Place Scoop tortilla chips on a platter and fill with ground beef, cheese, lettuce and other toppings of choice
- Serve and enjoy!