This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
The newly renovated Hubbard Gorilla Valley exhibit at the Omaha Zoo in Nebraska has just opened back up to visitors after an extensive $7 million renovation.
The Omaha Zoo & Aquarium, located in Omaha, Nebraska, is consistently ranked one of the top 5 zoo’s in the world. Plan your visit today!
We were very fortunate to be passing through Nebraska on our way home from our 4,000+ mile road trip out to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Recalling glowing conversations we had had with friends who had visited the Omaha Zoo a few years prior, we decided to make a little detour and head to Omaha to experience the zoo for ourselves.
As luck would have it, the day prior to our visit, the Hubbard Gorilla Valley exhibit had just opened back up to the public after a very extensive facelift to the facility that focused on enhancing the guest and animal experience.
Fun New Features of the Exhibit
- 10,000 additional square feet help mimic their natural habitat
- climbing structures for the gorillas
- interactive learning videos teaching about gorillas and their habitats for visitors
The best features were the multiple locations where guests could interact with the gorillas through various window viewing areas!
Watching the Gorillas Interact: A Special Experience
It’s not every day that we have the opportunity to get up close and personal with a gorilla and watch it interact with it’s fellow mates. However, at the Hubbard Gorilla Valley at Omaha Zoo, you can experience the amazing behaviors of gorillas because the new exhibit allows you to have wonderful views into their daily lives!
We loved watching them interact, especially the mama gorilla with her baby. There was such a sweetness to her demeanor. Her baby followed her every move and clung to her…just like my kids always did, so this really touched a special place in my heart.
I could only imagine that she was playing “This Little Piggy” with her baby here…
…and then…as all moms can related, you have those moments where you have moments of doubt and second guess yourself and can’t wait for dad to come take over! lol!
We highly recommend heading to the Omaha Zoo & Aquarium on your next road trip! The experience is worth it! While you’re there, be sure to check out the town of Omaha!
More Must-Do Travel Adventures
- 9 Kid Friendly Activities To Do in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 5 Family Friendly Things to do at Devil’s Lake State Park, Wisconsin
- 4,000+ Mile Road Trip: Day 6 – Newport, Rhode Island
- 10 Must-Do Beauty Hacks for Camping
- 4,000+ Mile Road Trip: Day 5 – Castle Craig, CT
- Rockefeller Plaza, Empire State Building & Grand Central Train Terminal
- Central Park & Times Square, NYC
- 10 Tips for Visiting New York City for The First Time
- Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island
- Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Staunton, Virginia
- Mount Vernon, George Washington’s Home: Washington D.C.
- The National Mall: Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, WWII Memorial, Capitol Building
- Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta, Georgia
- Legoland Discovery Center Chicago, The Ultimate Indoor Lego Playground
- Christkindlmarket, Chicago, Illinois
- Ice Skating at the Bean in Millennium Park, Chicago, Illinois
- …and so much more HERE!