This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Make homemade pizza sauce in your Vitamix blender!
For Christmas my hubby surprised me with a Vitamix blender! I may or may not have stumbled upon it in a hiding spot before Christmas … ha! Turns out my hubby and I both decided to hide presents in the same pile of clothes! I think it goes to say, great minds think alike! LOL!
The Vitamix sure came in handy when we did a 7 day cleanse to kick off the new year. I was able to make smoothies and soups and even hummus!
Let’s Make It Together!
Start by dicing your onion
In a pot, heat EVOO and add onions and spices
Add tomato paste
Add chopped tomatoes to pot and cover
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and let simmer until the tomatoes are tender and broken
Remove from heat and remove lid. Let cool for 10 minutes and then place in Vitamix blender
Store in a Ball jar or serve right away on homemade pizza crust!
Here’s my son’s homemade pizza that he made up all on his own!
Homemade pizza dough, pizza sauce, feta, mozzarella, black olives and pancetta. My husband said it was the best pizza he had had in a super long time!
Vitamix Pizza Sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 small garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1.75 lbs fresh tomatoes, cut into 1/8ths
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium saucepan, heat EVOO
- Add onions, basil and oregano. Cook until onion is slightly softened, around 5 minutes
- Add in garlic and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add tomato paste and stir
- Add cut tomatoes and cover. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to ensure tomatoes don't stick to the bottom of the saucepan. About 30 minutes
- Remove saucepan from heat and uncover. Let cool for a few minutes
- Place sauce into Vitamix container and secure lid. Start Vitamix on lowest speed and gradually increase to a level 4 speed. Use the tamper to press ingredients towards the blade to ensure everything I processed
- Blend for 25 to 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached
- Pour into a Mason jar and store in refrigerator