This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
I decided last minute last night that I wanted pizza. However, I didn’t have any dough and hardly had any toppings. Here’s what I came up with.
Homemade Pizza Dough: I found this recipe on allrecipes.com by Valentino’s.
I had my doubts about this pizza simply because of the toppings I had to choose from (it is unheard of for Lover Boy to eat pizza without meat). But guess what??? HE LOVED THIS PIZZA! He said “it was a nice change up and the crust wasn’t greasy at all!”
Homemade Pizza Dough
- stand mixer
- dough hook
- 1 c warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tbs white sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- Stir water, sugar and yeast together until dissolved. Add the olive oil and the salt. Stir in the flour until well blended. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Pat dough into pan or on to a pizza stone using fingers dipped in olive oil. If desired sprinkle basil, thyme or other seasonings on crust. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated 425 degree oven.