This delicious and filling healthy three bean salad with added avocado is sure to have your taste buds singing praises with every bite! The light cilantro and lime flavor takes this avocado and three bean salad to the next level. It is sure to become a family favorite! Prepare ahead of time and stick in the refrigerator or take it to your next backyard BBQ!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
A couple of months ago our family was playing on the playground after church and someone walked up to me asking if we knew each other. Immediately I recognized her but had a brain freeze and couldn’t remember her name (ugh, I hate when that happens!) Long story short, we graduated college together in Ohio! We were both apart of the Recreational Therapy program and had every class together. Living so far away from all of our original stomping grounds, I have lost touch with a lot of people and I never (ever!!) see anyone from years ago so this was a wonderful and complete surprise!
Today they came over to play with us at our neighborhood beach on the lake and had so much fun reconnecting and eating!! She brought this wonderful bean salad dish that my daughter couldn’t stop eating! She begged me to get the recipe and make it as soon as we got home! Luckily, I had the ingredients on hand in the panty and in my garden so we were good to go!
The original recipe came from here but I have tweaked it a bit to our liking.
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- juice of 3 limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortilla chips
- *salsa, optional
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
- *optional: mix in salsa for added flavor – I added in a jar of my homemade canned salsa and it was divine!
It reminds me of Cowboy Caviar but SO much better! This is definitely a hit for our whole family and will become a new staple at our house! Give it a try and enjoy!
You May Also Like