Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup is a creamy and flavorful healthy soup for fall and those cold winter nights. Prepare in an Instant Pot pressure cooker and enjoy within 30 minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
I love fall for way more reasons than the weather changes and beautiful leaf colors. I love it because so many different types of food come into season and dinner recipes can become more hearty and substantial! When I was growing up my mom always had a salad during the warmer months to go with our dinner, and in the colder months we always had mashed potatoes. And lets face it, I’d so much rather eat my mom’s super buttery and salty mashed potatoes any day of the week over a salad! However, if I did that, I’d be humongous and super unhealthy so…I opt for alternatives to mashed potatoes like rich, creamy soups that feature various vegetables that are great during the colder months.
This recipe for Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup is so easy and was able to all come together within 30 minutes! I call that a huge win for a weeknight! I had thought that I found a recipe for butternut squash soup in the cookbook that came with my husband’s Instant Pot but I was mistaken. So thankfully I found a recipe from The Creative Bite that saved the day!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure here.
Kitchen Utensils Needed:
Instant Pot pressure cooker – when I bought this for my husband for Father’s Day I opted for the biggest one, a 6 quart with the 10 in 1 functions…and I’m really glad that I did. It’s amazing how quickly it fills up making meals for a family of 5.
Immersion Blender – this is also referred to occasionally as a stick blender. This is needed to puree all of the cooked ingredients into a creamy soup consistency.
Lets Make The Soup Together
Once all of your ingredients
Once the butternut squash is pureed, add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until your desired consistency is achieved.
Top with pumpkin seeds and enjoy!
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. diced garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh ground ginger
- 2 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cubed (1 medium squash)
- 1 medium apple, peeled cored and chopped
- 1 tsp. sage
- ⅛ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 3 c. chicken stock
- 3 oz. goat cheese or cream cheese
- ⅓ c. Parmesan cheese
- Salted Pepitas for garnish
- Turn your Instant Pot on to the Saute function. Add the olive oil, onions and bell pepper. Saute on high for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the cubed squash, apple, sage, chili powder, sea salt and chicken stock.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and move the knob to seal. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes and do a quick release of the pressure.
- Using an immersion blender in the Instant Pot, puree the mixture. Add the goat cheese and Parmesan and continue pureeing until very sm
Looking for more soup recipes? Give these ones a try!