My friend Angela and I loaded up our kids and headed to IKEA the other week. While we were there she told me about a Kale Soup she had recently made. It sounded so good and so intriguing to me…however, it had potatoes in the recipe and my hubby and I are working on eliminating carbs from our diet so I decided to just totally make up my own recipe….and let me tell you, IT WAS AMAZING!!! No joke, it was so good! Lover Boy absolutely loved it and kept raving about it even when we had finished all of the leftovers!
I also posted pictures on my Facebook page and got a request for the recipe…so here it is! Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
I started by cutting up 5 Italian Sausages, 1 large onion & 5 large garlic cloves and browned them in a big pot. I added in a whole can of drained cannellini beans (slow release carbs) and a whole jar of undrained sun dried tomatoes.
I then added in 2 boxes of chicken stock. Once it started to boil I turned the heat down to simmer and added in about 6-7 cups of cut kale. I let the kale get soft and then served it.
- 5 italian sausages chopped into 1-2″ pieces
- 1 large onion diced
- 5 large garlic cloves diced
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large jar of sun dried tomatoes, undrained (use all of the amazing oily juices!)
- 2 boxes of chicken stock
- 6-7 cups of chopped kale
- Heat EVOO in large pot or dutch oven
- Add sausage, onion and garlic and brown
- Add in beans and tomatoes. Heat
- Add in chicken stock and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, turn heat down to a simmer
- Add in kale, once kale is soft, serve!