This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
We all love brownies at my house but I don’t always have boxed mixes in my pantry when the kids come calling for brownies. Thankfully I have the Hershey’s Classic Recipes cookbook that my grandma gave to me years ago with a delicious recipe for homemade brownies. These delicious, fudgy made from scratch brownies made with cocoa powder are sure to be a huge hit!
Thankfully the recipe is really easy and only uses staple items that most people already have in their pantry.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure here.
Bake and serve!! My Le Creuset 9″ square pan is my absolute favorite! Nothing ever gets stuck to the bottom of it which is great news for brownies, because you want every last bite!
I love the sweet note from my grandma in this cookbook! I think cookbooks are some of the best gifts you can give because you’ll be remembered each time you create something from it!
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c Hershey’s Cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 9″ square baking pan
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl
- Add eggs; beat well
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Spread into prepared pan
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool and enjoy!