This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
This chocolate chip scone recipe is amazingly moist, tender and full of deliciousness! I mean who doesn’t love a warm, soft breakfast scone to accompany their morning coffee?
For Father’s Day I surprised my hubby with homemade chocolate chip scones for breakfast. There is a little coffee shop near our home that sells these and he is a sucker for them – so I wanted to recreate this delicious breakfast scone at home…and since it has chocolate in it, the kids loved it too!
These scones were so moist and soft because of the secret ingredient…sour cream!! I have made several scones in the past and they are always very dry and almost crispy/flakey – which I don’t like.
We all devoured these like it was our job! In fact, I ended up making 2 batches because they were so good!
- 3/4c chocolate chip morsels
- 2c all-purpose flour
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 12oz dairy sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt & baking soda
- Add chocolate chips
- In a small mixing bowl combine egg yolk and sour cream
- Mix sour cream mixture into flour mixture until it forms a ball
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and form into a 2″ thick round circle, cut into equal wedges
- Arrange wedges 1″ apart on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until slightly browned on top
If you enjoy breakfast as much as we do, you may like these recipes!