This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
A delicious cookie loaded with slivered almonds, dried sour cherries and chocolate chips. This cookie recipe is certain to become a favorite!
First and foremost, I’d like to thank all of YOU who stopped by my blog yesterday and gave me feedback on new hair styles. Number 1 & number 3 choices were voted on the most…now it’s just up to me to decide if I want to do something drastic or play it safe….ahhh!!! the pressure! 🙂 I need a time out, a breather, the weekend to think about it! (wouldn’t you know, today was an OK hair day so I’m diggin’ the long hair today! I tell ya!)
On a totally different note, I stumbled upon this recipe for Chocolate-Cherry-Almond cookies last summer. I have been making them ever since…religiously…like once a week…I’m addicted and I can’t help it! They are just so dang good! I like to trick myself into thinking they are healthy for you because they have almonds and cherries (or cranberries). I’m pretty sure these cookies, along with my chocolate milk addiction, have played a major contribution to my ever growing rear end! But oh well, they taste so good I don’t care!
Are you dying to make some with me?!? Come on…here we go!
(*Note: the recipe calls for dried cherries. Out of my 100 times of making these, this was the first time using actual cherries. I had always used cranberries. And to be honest, I kind of like the cranberries better…but you choose!)
Want to make them also?
*Heat oven to 375 degrees
- 12 TB unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup (2.5 ounces)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (9.5 ounces)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp table salt OR 1 tsp kosher salt (less even distribution of salt gives the cookies a neat effect)
- 1 cup slivered almonds (4 ounces)
- 1 cup dried sour cherries (5 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips/chunks (I use a mixture of milk and semi-sweet) (9 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cream butter, sugar, and corn syrup until fluffy and noticeable lighter in color. Beat in the egg and the extracts.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together to ensure even distribution. Add dry ingredients to creamed butter and mix on low until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the chunky stuff (nuts, chocolate, cherries) on low speed (or by hand) until evenly distributed.
- Use a spring-loaded ice cream scoop (regular size – these are big cookies) to dish out 6 mounds onto a parchment covered half-sheet pan. Flatten mounds slightly with moistened fingers and bake for 12-14 minutes. Remember to err on the side of underdone.
- When the cookies are done baking, slide the parchment off the pan (cookies still attached) and let the cookies cool on the counter. Use new parchment for the next batch. Once the cookies have cooled, they peel off easily. This recipe makes 16 big cookies. If you like, you can use a tablespoon-sized disher and get about 3 dozen cookies — just don’t flatten them. They’ll take 11-13 minutes to bake. I like the bigger ones because this cookie is so chunky.
I want to hear how many of these little suckers you chow down on! So go on, head to the kitchen, make these and come back here and tell me if you are now addicted as well! (then we’ll start a weight loss program together!) 🙂
Have a great weekend everyone! Eat good food and laugh much!
****Updated post here****