Well friends, I thought I had the best of homemade soups until I made this 7 Ingredient Zuppa Toscana – holy moly crazy insanity is it good!!! I mean like GOOOOOD! So good that I literally was licking the pot clean because I wanted every last drip!
There really is no need to ever go out again and eat at your favorite restaurants – park it at home and enjoy this delicious soup that your whole family will enjoy…yes! even your kids!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Doesn’t it look amazing? Like seriously…go make it right now. NOW!! You’ll thank me, I promise!
- 1 pound ground Jimmy Dean Regular Sausage
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped (and stems removed)
- 1 pound potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup Half & Half
- salt and pepper
- optional toppings: freshly shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
- Add sausage and diced onion to the large stockpot or Dutch oven.
- Cook over medium-high heat until the sausage is completely browned and in crumbled size pieces
- Add in the chicken stock and diced roasted red peppers
- Bring the mixture to a simmer
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the kale and gnocchi and stir to combine
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until the gnocchi are cooked through and tender
- Stir in Half & Half
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Serve warm with desired toppings.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.