Update on Bella Rose

Today marks 9 days since Bella’s hematoma surgery. I wish that I had better news to report but I don’t. 🙁 As far as her ear it is still “raw” (I don’t know how else to explain it). We are keeping it dressed with gauze, Neosporin, tape, ace bandage and cone….she’s thrilled about all of this, not! The one side of her ear has been filling back up with either blood or fluid for the past 2.5 days which is the very last thing we want to happen. However, this morning the fluid seems to have drained, hallelujah! So I’m not sure what is going on. I did email pictures of her ear to the Vet yesterday so I am waiting to her feedback on that.

As far as her skin, last week I did the first dip on all of the dogs and really didn’t see much improvement on Bella.  I spoke with her Vet yesterday and they said that after I did the 2nd dip today (which we just got done doing) by Monday then to call back in and they are going to send off the several biopsies they took while she was under. I am really praying that this last dip will show some major signs of improvement because I’m starting to get a little worried. Just want my girl to be better.

The picture above is from our trip to Georgia earlier this week. Aside from the cone, I think she looks so beautiful laying in all of the yellow flowers….but I may be partial 🙂

This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.


One Comment

  1. Awww,…I’m so sorry it isn’t going smoothly for you and Bella. Poor baby. Glad to hear that the ear drained on its own as well. Healing thoughts and hugs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.