Looking for a delicious and comforting meal? Look no further than stuffed peppers! Fresh bell peppers filled with a mixture of ground beef, rice, and diced tomatoes, topped with cheese and baked to perfection. Try these stuffed peppers tonight and enjoy a meal that’s easy to make and full of flavor!
When I was younger my mom used to make Stuffed Peppers (well she still does 🙂 ). I.absolutely.hated.them. My parents weren’t the type of parents that would make us eat something they wouldn’t, since they were finicky eaters themselves. However, I remember one night my mom made Stuffed Peppers and she made me sit there until I ate part of the pepper…I had only liked the inside stuffing. Now, my mom swears this did not happen…but I know it did! 🙂 Kids are always right you know! And they are especially good at telling you things that may or may not have happened (so I’m learning with Little Finch!)
Anyway, following this traumatic experience of being forced to eat green pepper I miraculously fell in love with the dish and guess what?? It’s my all time favorite dinner meal! Kind of funny, huh?
I made it the other night and we all loved it! (even Lover Boy who claims to not like peppers!)
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
Check out these 25 Ground Beef Dinner Ideas!
Stuffed Pepper Ingredients
- green bell peppers – feel free to use any color pepper, green is the most typical and cost effective
- ground beef – I would recommend using a 90% fat ground beef
- canned diced tomatoes – I prefer to use petite diced tomatoes so you don’t get huge chunks of tomato taking up each bite
- onion – I like to use sweet onions
- chili powder – dried chili powder seasoning
- rice – any kind of white rice is best, I used enriched white rice for these stuffed peppers
- shredded cheddar cheese – I prefer to use finely shredded cheddar cheese
Let’s Make Stuffed Peppers Together!
Step 1: Cook rice and set aside
For 4 peppers, cook 2 servings of rice according to rice package directions. Set aside
Step 2: Cook beef and onions with chili powder
Step 3: Add diced tomatoes
Step 4: Add cooked rice
Step 5: Add cheese
Step 6: Prepare green bell peppers
Cut the tops off like a pumpkin and scoop out the insides
Step 7: Par boil peppers
Par boil peppers in salted water for 4-5 minutes
Step 8: Stuff peppers
Fill peppers with meat mixture and top with cheese
Step 9: Bake at 350°F
Place peppers in a glass bottom dish and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted
Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare rice according to package directions and set aside
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with chili powder and onion. Cook until browned
- Once the meat is browned add the can of drained diced tomatoes
- Bring a large stockpot of water and 2 tsp salt to a boil
- Hollow out the green peppers (cut the tops off like a pumpkin and scoop out the insides)
- Par boil the green peppers in salted water for 4-5 minutes
- Add cooked rice to your meat mixture
- Then add shredded cheddar cheese…I like to add around 1 – 1 1/2 cups
- Stuff peppers and place in an oven safe dish. Top with peppers with more cheese and bacon bits (optional). Use the extra meat mixture to fill in around the peppers in the dish. Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese on top is melted, about 15-20 minutes