This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
I needed a quick, easy and kid friendly dinner the other night. I had a taste for pizza but my kids are not always fans of pizza (they were born in Georgia, unlike their Chicago born Chicago style pizza loving parents…please don’t hold it against them!) But, they do love muffins (with chocolate). I decided to make Mini Pizza Muffins (minus the chocolate) in hopes that they would eat it. Nope! They didn’t. But guess who did?!? ME!! and I really liked it!
The kids and I started out by making the pizza dough. We used our favorite recipe.
Love this! Laughing Coyote crawled over to Big Sis’s step stool, climbed up, grabbed the measuring scoop and “poured” it in! Such a great helper!
Roll the dough into a ball
Roll it out with a rolling pin
Pick out a cookie cutter
Cut out circular shapes
Place the dough cut outs in GREASED mini muffin tins and push down on the dough to create a well
Grab whatever sauce you have on hand (or in your hand, ha ha ha, I’m hilarious! I know!)
Spoon a small amount of sauce into the dough wells
Top with grated mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven at 350° until cheese is melted and dough is cooked, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from pan with a knife and enjoy!
They are extremely yummy dipped in ranch dressing!
Mini Pizza Muffins
- 1 pizza dough Homemade: https://gatheredinthekitchen.com/homemade-pizza-dough/
Or use a package of store-bought pizza dough
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 2 c mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease mini muffin tins with spray vegetable oil
- Roll out pizza dough on a floured surface with a rolling pin. Roll dough to 1/4" thick
- Using a 4" circle cookie cutter, cut out circles
- Place cut out circles in the mini muffin tins and press the middle of the dough with fingers to form it to the muffin tin
- Fill with pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese and other toppings of choice
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until done
Click HERE for the recipe printable!