This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
I love pasta. Plain and simple. It is one of my go-to meals that I make in a pinch because 1. everyone in my family loves it 2. I usually always have the ingredients on hand.
Every since I was first married and started cooking (7.5 years ago) I have tried my hand at homemade spaghetti sauce. Without fail, each time it would taste different. I would never measure and at the same time never remember what I used the last time! Opps! My best friend recently shared with me her homemade pasta sauce recipe that she always uses, and guess what? It’s SO easy and tastes SO good!
- 1 diced onion
- 1/2 c diced carrot
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 large can tomato sauce
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- handful of fresh basil
- In a large dutch oven heat EVOO. Add in diced onion and carrot. Cook until onions are transparent and carrots are slightly brown.
- Add in diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Mix in spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve with fresh basil on top
Do you have a favorite pasta sauce recipe? I’d love to try it out!! Post it in the comments and I’ll be sure to feature your recipe!